1st Light Energy Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at 1st Light Energy Inc
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
As the Manager of Operations you will plan, organize, and manage all aspects of the solar business operation including construction, project development, engineering, and installation. You will be working in a fast paced environment with a growing and eager team of employees. You will expand and organize operations with the enthusiasm and strategic planning needed to develop growth.
- Execute the Procurement strategy for sourcing, evaluating, and contracting photovoltaic equipment and services for development, engineering, construction and operations to support Solar projects.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Plan and direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Reviews and endorses or revises budget proposals received from direct reports. Submits budgets for assigned activities in accordance with the budget procedure. Approves budget expenses up to authorized dollar amounts.
- Manage, motivate, and mentor a variety of personnel involved in the installation & inspection of solar projects.
- Evaluate and manage the resources and processes required for the successful completion of a high volume of solar projects
- Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates, recommends effective personnel action.
- Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility.
- Keeps employees informed as to company/department plans and progress.
- Drive continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Customer Service, and Productivity throughout branch operations
- Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Ensures compliance within area of responsibility. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to provide accurate installation forecasts and branch performance reporting;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Must have a minimum of (2) years in solar experience
- A minimum (3) years as an Operations manager in a similar environment, with the responsibilities of producing, purchasing, inventory control, production control, and engineering, as well as shipping, receiving, and warehousing.
- Construction experience required.
- Sound administrative skills, well-developed management skills—principles and people.
- Possess good communication skills that will enhance vendor and supplier relationships, as well as with the installation team.
- Possess strong organizational skills and capable of making decisions without constant supervision.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
PAY RATE: $65-$80,000/yr (Based on experience)
- Health, dental, and vision benefits - paid by company for employee
- Free Life Insurance
- Paid time-off and paid holidays
- Floating holidays