Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Radiologic Technologist - Diagnostic Radiology
at Alliance Medical
Per Diem Rotating Days,Evening,Nights
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Radiology and/or the radiologists, performs a variety of duties required to prepare and conduct diagnostic examinations.• Responsible for maintaining required levels of supplies to allow for a smooth operation and flow of patients. Responsible for having assigned room cleaned and operational prior to patients entering.
• Properly identifies patients with two identifiers. Explains examination and checks for appropriateness of requisition before performing examination.
• Operates all radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment associated with the Radiology Department, as well as, completes, verifies, and documents all studies performed and stored in PACS.
• Assists in the orientation and instruction of students and new personnel.
• Responsible for the proper labeling of radiographs and completion of associated documentation in our PACS and RIS systems.
• Responsible for performing all required radiographic positions following radiology protocol.
• Maintains accreditation status with ACR and MQSA standards for mammography certified technologists.
• Completes general, unit, department specifics, competencies including age specific competencies. Requirements:• Knowledge of radiographic and fluoroscopic studies and procedures, mobile radiography/fluoroscopy, and OR radiography.
• Operating knowledge of all radiographic equipment including Digital Radiography (DR) and Computed Radiography (CR).
• Ability to interact and effectively communicate with patients, staff, and hospital personnel.
• Ability to adapt and deal with respect of various physicians.
• Operating knowledge of computer familiarity with PACS.
• Knowledge of bloodborne pathogens and universal precautions.
• Required to lift and pull patients, push stretchers, and able to stand and walk.
• Knowledge of radiation protection standards.
Graduate of an accredited program of Radiologic Technology approved by the American College of Radiology and registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology. Licensed by the State of Connecticut as a Radiographer.