Arbella Insurance Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Claims Technical Specialist
at Arbella Insurance Group
Under minimal supervision, investigate and resolve the most complex material damage claims, the most complex BI claims involving coverage complexity, serious damage issues, and high loss dollar exposure or intricate legal issues.
- Timely completion of all case activities, maximizing customer service and minimizing net loss payout as well as minimizing net loss leakage.
- Contacts all insureds, claimants and witnesses that may have information relating to the loss, either in person, by telephone or in writing. This may include visiting the accident location to examine photograph and diagram physical facts and conduct neighborhood canvasses.
- Inputs and retrieves information using the automated claims system, requests checks, form letters and other correspondence through the automated claim system.
- Evaluates case facts determining coverage, liability and reserves, and reports on settlement; maintains a reminder system.
- Interprets and evaluates medical reports to determine if they are applicable to the claim; monitors legal and medical billings and investigates for proper charges and pays accordingly.
- Negotiates settlements with individuals, attorneys, and other insurance carriers within their granted settlement authority level.
- Specializes in managing the new large risks, group accounts and local agents.
- Pursues subrogation and may arrange for salvage to obtain the maximum recovery.
- Assists, when requested, in the selection and evaluation of experts as needed.
- Manages suit cases, checking to ensure that coverages are not exceeded, that legal expenses are adequate, and confers with attorney about case direction and disposition
- Candidate will be hired at the appropriate level commiserate with their skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional customer service, communication and negotiation skills required.
- Evidences mastery of all skill requirements of the Claims Service Specialist Sr. Length of service should be a minimum of 7 years as a Claims Service Special Sr.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in Large Loss handling. This will include, but is not limited to recognition of and resolution of complex coverage issues and large loss exposures.
- Where applicable pass state licensing requirements.
- Has successfully attained AIC, CPCU, or AEI designation or possesses other specialized skills.
- Demonstrated role model and consummate team player.