ATI Specialty Materials
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Technician
at ATI Specialty Materials
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
ATI is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician to join our team in East Hartford, Connecticut. As a Quality Assurance Technician, you will play a critical role in verifying that gauges used by our inspection team are calibrated correctly and give accurate readings. The Quality Assurance Technician ensures that our customers' needs are met by verifying that gauges conform to strict audit standards.
* Perform gauge setup for specific ATI operations.
* Maintain records (paper and electronic) of inspection and calibration results.
* Work from operation/process sheets, blueprints, engineering drawings, and other specific procedures with minimal direction from Supervisor.
* Support receiving, in-process, and final inspection if/as needed.
* Create, complete, and compile necessary documentation related to Quality inspection as per OEM and ISO/AS standards.
* Support other Quality Department functions as needed.
* Regular use of Syteline, Indysoft, PC-DMIS, and MS Office.
* Contribute to continuous improvement and support 5S initiatives.
* Generate suggestions for improving work; develop innovative approaches and ideas.
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
* Minimum 3 years of experience working with gauge calibration
* Experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment
* Experience working with ISO and AS quality requirements
* Knowledge of dimensional, visual, and mechanical inspection processes
* Skilled in usage and care of precision measuring tools and equipment
* Strong metrology, blueprint reading, and GD&T interpretation skills; working knowledge of SPC required
* Accuracy and attention to detail at all times and complete tasks in a timely manner
* Ability to effectively read and understand blueprints, engineering documents, inspection manuals, and procedures