Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intake/Triage Rep- TCC Full Time: 40 Hours Daytime, One flex 10:30a- 7:00p
at Bristol Hospital
Job Summary: Provides first point of contact with potential Outpatient Behavioral Health patients. In this first step in the screening process, triages incoming calls for patients’ initial appointment or schedules walk-ins. Collects, evaluates, and documents demographic and screening information regarding the presenting problem (mental health: substance recovery). Able to relate confidentiality to a wide variety of personalities and develop initial rapport with the patient to facilitate engagement into treatment. Must know how to manipulate the scheduling system; data entry skills. Performs a wide variety of clerical and administrative support during “down” phone times. Needs to possess maturity, compassion, and positive outlook. Strong communication, listening, and problem solving skills.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Acts as first contact for potential patients in the Outpatient Behavior Health setting, triaging need and scheduling intake appointments.
• Answers phone or greets walk-in patients promptly and positively.
• Triages status as emergent, urgent or routine.
• Identifies and explains our programs and treatment modalities (i.e. group therapy focus).
• Returns patient calls in a timely manner and within guidelines.
• Provides initial point of treatment engagement; working to maintain, develop, improve patient centered care.
Collects and utilizes accurate insurance data.
• Ensures we are a provider for services and identifies appropriately and accurately whether patient has commercial, state or no insurance.
• Explains in general terms how insurance works.
• Refers patient to state worker if applicable.
• Accurately matches up patient insurance with appropriate provider.
Provides initial appointment.
• Sensitively responds to patient need, triaging urgency and scheduling appropriately.
• Able to match up insurance provider and clinician to patient.
• Provides first available appointment and maintains thresholds for appointment scheduling.
• Gives appropriate directions to agency.
• Maintains positive working relationships with clinical intake coordinator and other clinical staff to facilitate effective patient care and appropriate scheduling.
• Communicates with appropriate clinicians regarding patient needs.
Collects and reports data.
• Responsible to log information regarding the intake process (as related to Quality Improvement or other reporting requirement/needs).
• Tallies and reports monthly and as needed on various date elements as required by supervisor.
Provides administrative and clerical support.
• Performs clerical/administrative tasks as delegated by the supervisor or Director.
• Performs a variety of tracking, date entry, and follow up functions as assigned.
Seeks direction for and maintains responsibility for professional growth and development.
• Participates in departmental educational programs to enhance office management.
• Regularly evaluates own strengths and weaknesses.
• Develops plans to meet learning needs and continuously improve.
• Seeks appropriate guidance as necessary and appropriate.
Educational / Minimum Requirements: High school graduate. Associate Degree in Communications, Psychology, Social Work a plus but not required. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with all members of the health care team. Bilingual skills preferred but not required. Computer skills a must. Must demonstrate behavior consistent with the values of the Hospital’s Customer Service.
State/Federal Mandated Licensure or Certification Requirements:
Bristol Hospital Mandated Educational Requirements:
General orientation at time of hire. Fire/Safety/Infection Control annually. Other programs as mandated by Hospital.
Special Requirements: Superior customer service, telephone and interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology, as well as typing and data entry skills. PC literacy preferred.
Physical Requirements: Extended sitting with occasional bending, reaching, stooping, and walking. Prolonged eye and hand use while operating computers. Occasional lifting, up to fifty pounds.
Work Environment: Normal office conditions.
Cognitive Requirements: Excellent clerical skills, good written and oral communication skills, literate in English. Good organizational skills with the ability to follow written and verbal directions with multiple steps.
Conditions of Employment
• In adherence with our safety and compliance regulations, upon hire you are subject to a criminal background check and health clearance (including drug testing) through Occupational Health.
• The health and safety of our patients and employees is a top priority which is why we have mandatory flu shots. Exceptions for medical and religious reasons will be evaluated on an individual basis.
• Please be aware all Bristol Hospital and Health Care Group facilities are smoke and tobacco free.
Equal Employment Opportunity
• In keeping with our goals of individual recognition and treatment characterized by dignity and respect, we extend hiring and promotional opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of race, color, religious creed, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, military or veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
• Our policy is to make reasonable accommodation to the limitations of qualified disabled individuals and to provide them with employment opportunities to the extent practical without incurring undue hardship.