Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse -Emergency Department Part Time; 32 hours; 7a-3p EOW
at Bristol Hospital
The professional nurse (RN) assesses, plans, implements/coordinates and evaluates all nursing care related to the identified needs of the patient/client and family during the individual nurse-client relationship. The professional nurse collaborates with other health professionals in fulfilling the health care needs of the patient. Professional nurses participate in the organized delivery of patient care services through contributions to patient-care-related hospital committees, nursing governance councils, nursing care committees and task forces. Each practicing professional registered nurse is accountable for the care he or she renders to the patient.
Nursing Process: Nurses provide patient-centered care at Bristol Hospital and are the coordinators of care and provide continuity of care across the continuum. Nurses consider patient’s unique need and individualize care accordingly and establish goals towards desired outcomes. Nurses practice autonomously and consistent with professional standards; they assess and provide appropriate patient care based on competence, expertise and knowledge.
Nursing Leadership: Nurses advocate for self, peers and patients.
Nursing Research: Nurses perceive quality as the foundation of patient care delivery. Nurses participate in operations which promote, support and monitor and improve patient safety and outcomes. Nurses integrate evidence based practice and research into daily operations and provision of care.
Nursing as a Profession: Nurses role model and promote the image and professional status of nursing.
Nursing Education: Nurses promote and foster the art and science of nursing through educational efforts.
Educational / Minimum Requirements:
- BSN or Associate Degree matriculated into a bachelors program
- Current CT RN license
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Telemetry experience
Conditions of Employment
• In adherence with our safety and compliance regulations, upon hire you are subject to a criminal background check and health clearance (including drug testing) through Occupational Health.
• The health and safety of our patients and employees is a top priority which is why we have mandatory flu shots. Exceptions for medical and religious reasons will be evaluated on an individual basis.
• Please be aware all Bristol Hospital and Health Care Group facilities are smoke and tobacco free.
Equal Employment Opportunity
• In keeping with our goals of individual recognition and treatment characterized by dignity and respect, we extend hiring and promotional opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of race, color, religious creed, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, military or veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
• Our policy is to make reasonable accommodation to the limitations of qualified disabled individuals and to provide them with employment opportunities to the extent practical without incurring undue hardship.
**Bonus Opportunity Available! To qualify for the bonus you must be an experienced Registered Nurse with at least 2 years of experience. Bonus is prorated based on number of hours scheduled to work.