COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Event Security (Part-Time) - XL Center
at COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
- Job ID
- Spectra - Venue Management
- Location Name
- Spectra VM - XL Center and Pratt & Whitney Stadium
- Regular Part-Time
This position is based at our XL Center. The XL Center is Connecticut’s premier destination for sports & entertainment. The 16,000+ seat downtown arena is home to the eleven-time National Champion UConn Women's Basketball team and the four-time National Champion UConn Men's Basketball team. Led by Hall of Fame basketball Head Coach Geno Auriemma and Dan Hurley, the Men's & Women's basketball programs have established themselves as national powerhouses. The XL Center is also home to the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, the primary developmental affiliate of the New York Rangers. The team is coached by Keith McCambridge. The XL Center will continue to be the center of sports and entertainment for Hartford and the state of Connecticut for years to come. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.xlcenter.com/
The Event Security position is responsible for ensuring the safety of visitors to the XL Center and the security of restricted areas and the facility in general.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Arrives for shift on time, neatly groomed and in a clean, pressed, well-maintained uniform
- Verifies credentials to ensure control of access into restricted areas
- Responds immediately and professionally to guest disturbances/incidents
- Secures the perimeter of ticketed area
- Screens guests as they enter the facility according to the established standards
- Accurately and thoroughly completes incident reports
- Effectively diffuse potentially volatile situations
- Works cooperatively with Guest Services staff and Police
- Interacts with guests in a polite and professional manner
- Answers guests’ questions in a knowledgeable and helpful manner
- Consistently and continually enforces facility policies and procedures relative to prohibited items, disruptive behavior, etc.
- Performs other duties as required to the satisfaction of supervisors and management
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
Event security staff must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate performance of essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using come other combination of skills and abilities.
- Valid CT guard card required
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Prior experience in guest services/security ideally in an arena setting required
- Excellent verbal communication skills required with thorough understanding of written/spoken English
- Knowledge and skill in radio communication
- Ability to listen effectively, take and execute directions as given
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to remain calm and focused during times of stress
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to diffuse volatile situations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.