Elliot Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST - PHYSICAL THERAPY IP
at Elliot Health System
Job Reference #: 10019083
Categories: Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services
PHYSICAL THERAPY IP
PHYSICAL THERAPY IP
32hrs per week
32hrs per week
- The role of the physical therapist within Elliot Health System is focused on the delivery of rehabilitative services. The physical therapist evaluates, plans and implements specific treatment programs for patients according to the principles and practices of the specific discipline (PT, OT, SLP) and setting (acute care or outpatient).
- Prepares for patient evaluation by conducting medical record review identifying areas of focus, contraindications and precautions. Ensures orders for therapy are active and appropriate.
- Evaluates the skilled therapy needs of the referred patient and develops a written prioritized plan of care, including short and long term rehabilitation goals developed in collaboration with the patient and/or other members of the health care team.
- Meets all Elliot Health System (EHS) standards for timeliness and quality of rehabilitation documentation and communication utilizing the electronic medical record.
- Updates treatment plan, re-evaluates patient and communicates with referrer and other clinicians involved in the patient's care.
- Performs treatments within specific discipline effectively and efficiently, incorporating current best practices and evidence supported treatment interventions, to promote optimal functional outcome and attainment of patient centered goals.
- Establish and implements discharge plan and instructs patient, family member(s), and other essential personnel in effective performance of home exercise programming or other strategies to maximize function. These may include, but aren't limited to: instruction in the use of home medical equipment, adaptive devices or customized equipment (splints, orthoses, ACC devices, etc).
- Provides clinical supervision of therapy assistant(s), rehabilitation assistants, and/or other essential personnel in the implementation and revision of the rehabilitation plan of care.
- Meets production and quality expectations as established by Elliot Health System rehabilitation leadership while adhering to the Code of Ethics of professional practice within the specific discipline (APTA, AOTA, ASHA).
- Promotes patient safety and meets regulatory expectations by adhering to EHS Infection Control and Environment of Care Standards.
- Adheres to EHS Rehabilitation Services policies and procedures.
- Provides support tasks as delegated by direct supervisor.
- Supports EHS Rehabilitation Services commitment to clinical development by participating in the departments clinical affiliation program. After practicing successfully for a period of 1 full year, the staff therapist is expected to act as a clinical instructor, taking on a student as assigned every 18-24 months.
- Participates in EHS Rehabilitation ongoing clinical development programming, with the delivery of an educational presentation once per year on a topic of their choice. Participation may include, but is not limited to: in services (network or clinic), journal club, community outreach, or other educational opportunities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Competency within the established clinical discipline.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Infection Control Standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to emergency situations and act according to established policies and procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload or stress.
- Ability to transport self to and from off-site locations.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software.
- Ability to interact with physicians and staff and participate as a team member with individuals inside and outside the department.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program with corresponding Entry Level Degree required.
- Experience: Previous experience in clinical setting preferred, but not required. Recent graduates eligible.
- Certification/Licensure: Licensed as a Physical Therapist by the state of New Hampshire Physical Therapy Governing Board required. CPR certification required or able to complete within first 90 days.
- Software/Hardware: Experience with EMR preferred.