Graybar Electric Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quotations Specialist - College Graduates
at Graybar Electric Company
Graybar is seeking recent and soon to be college graduates.
If you are looking for a great place to start your career, look no further. Graybar, one of the largest employee-owned companies in North America, has an opening for a Quotations Specialist located at our Wallingford, CT Branch.
As a Quotations Specialist for Graybar, you will be trained to handle the critical quotations process from the time you receive the request from the customer or sales representative to the time you submit the quote to the customer. You will communicate and interface with sales representatives, customer service, customers, and manufacturer representatives in order to secure the information needed to create your quotes.
Through training and development you will learn about our lighting and switchgear product lines and pricing mechanics, as well as the computer systems we use, in order to provide quotations that result in profitable sales for the company.
In this role you will:
- Train to prepare cost estimates of material
- Contact factories and representatives to obtain cost information
- Partner and collaborate with sales representatives and customer service representatives
- Form relationships with customers and suppliers to provide on-time and accurate quotations
- Compare manufacturers' bills of material to determine and price any differences for complete comparisons
- Utilize your tech skills in Excel and Word and train on Blue Beam, SAP and SalesForce
- Travel offsite for training
Experience and knowledge a plus:
- College degree preferred
- Technical trade school certification/diploma a plus.
- Exposure to customer service, trades, construction, applicable internships and sales competitions desired
- Transitioning Military personnel with knowledge in process, electronics, networking and logistics a plus.
- Can work independently and within a team
What you bring to the table:
- Experience with Excel including formulas
- Customer service and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- 2 years' experience preferred, two-year degree preferred
The Benefits of Graybar
Graybar is a leading North American distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products and a provider of supply chain management and logistics services. Come see why FORBES named us one of the country's Best Large Employers and why we are one of Selling Power's 50 Best Companies to Sell For.
As an employee-owned company, our employees are the key to our success. We provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a thriving company with a solid foundation.
As a full-time employee of Graybar, you will have access to a wide variety of benefits & advantages.
- Medical Insurance & Prescription Drug
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Benefits
- Profit Sharing Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
Learning & Development Opportunities:
- Online e-learning courses and interactive webinars
- On-the-job education and classroom training
- National training conferences and networking opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement
- Eligible employees and qualified retirees may purchase our stock when it is offered under, and only in accordance with, our stock purchase plan
This is your chance to grow your career with Graybar. Apply now and find out what's next for you.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf