Johnson Matthey Pharma Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Production Controller (Refining)
at Johnson Matthey Pharma Services
UK - Enfield
Supply & Logistics
Number of Heads Remaining:
Location: Dual Site – Enfield and Royston
Job Family: Supply & Logistics.
The Senior Production Controller will be responsible for leading the Refining Production Control team on both our Enfield and Royston sites and can be based at either. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver outstanding customer service, optimisation of manufacturing processes and reduction in PGM inventory as well as developing, implementing and driving through business improvement and change.
This is a key role in the UK refining operations and you will be expected to exert influence and demonstrate strong leadership, ensuring that the business is closely controlled, driving the rapid flow of Precious Metal through the refinery and delivering reduction in refining backlogs.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people and use science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health, but that’s not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
EHS, Quality and Security:
· Support EHS principles in order to ensure that EHS is given top priority and good practice is followed at all times.
Supply Chain Delivery:
· Work closely with the customer service team, develop customer satisfaction KPI’s, drive improvement in customer satisfaction and ensure that customer complaints are investigated, and corrective action is established.
· Prepare and present the Sales & Operations plan, fully utilising the Lanner Witness Simulation Software to Model scenarios.
· Fully implement and manage the Master Production Scheduling (MPS) process, ensure full collaboration with the Engineering, Operations and Projects teams to agree and deliver a joined-up plan.
· Plan and control the refining manufacturing operations to ensure that Budget levels of refining borrowings are achieved.
· Ensure that the Production Control team are strongly challenging the manufacturing operation, expediting progress against the plans and escalating issues and problems.
· Design, specify, develop and implement production control process improvements in collaboration with the advanced supply chain team.
· Develop the production control team, ensure that they are developing the close working relationships with manufacturing, customer services, the wider supply chain team, technical and management. Ensure that they can cover for each other and that they are developing advanced IT Skills.
· Ensure that management reporting is performed efficiently and effectively, and drive continuous improvement of data analysis, and reporting.
· Support the Systems Transformational Projects, participate in testing, development of business processes, standard operations, preparation of Training material and delivery of training, troubleshooting and problem escalation.
· Assist with the planning and support the yearly stock take process in conjunction with production to maximise the metal yield and reduce the inventory holding.
LEAN / Continuous Improvement:
· Become a CRS super user and local expert.
· Develop and maintain Standard Work and Standard operations for the production control operations.
· Support LEAN implementation in the operational area to deliver improvements in culture and measurable financial and efficiency benefits.
· Use of LEAN tools such as VSM, Root Cause Problem solving etc to deliver efficiencies in the Manufacturing areas.
· Work with other members of the supply chain and management team to identify opportunities for process improvement .
· To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have/be:
· Experience and knowledge of Supply Chain processes
· Experience of Supply Chain systems and implementation of new processes
· Significant IT skills, ideally with capability for basic programming and creation of macros
· An ability to provide innovative solutions to problems
· Experience of ERP business systems (ideally SAP) and how to interface with the business
· Meticulous attention to detail
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least three months
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online .
Closing date for applications: 6th November 2020
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.