Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Employee Benefits Underwriting Specialist (Entry Level)
at NFP Corp
Responsible for support of benefits administration, with a focus on COBRA, Evidence of Insurability (EOI) and voluntary enrollment management. Performs a variety of data collection, analysis, reconciliation, and issue resolution tasks to ensure accurate eligibility and billing records both internally and at carriers. Utilizes various information systems, databases and technology tools related to assigned areas. Initiates appropriate and necessary communication with management, carriers, clients, brokers and vendors.
1. Compile, organize, compare and analyze enrollment, premium and carrier data, including EOI process for life and disability. Identify, investigate and reconcile all discrepancies, in a timely manner.
2. Produce, maintain and distribute reports, both in a production environment and on an ad hoc basis.
3. Coordinate and manage the testing, implementation and maintenance of eligibility files with clients and payroll or other vendor, to ensure accurate eligibility and billing results both internally and at carriers. Requires excellent follow-up and written and oral communication skills, and a focus on the customer experience.
4. Manage COBRA administration, reconciliation, open enrollment, reporting and other needs as required. Reporting of cobra renewal rates to businessolver and preparation and mailing of open enrollment packets to COBRA members with accurate benefit summaries, Summaries of Benefits and Coverage (SBC’s), and carrier specific material, on a timely basis.
5. Support and provide backup to other operational resources including data analyst, processing, case installation, billing & eligibility, including data comparison and imports, as required.
6. While performing ongoing functions identify, develop and document procedural and systematic recommendations to improve efficiency and quality.
7. May assist in the development of business requirements for IT development projects.
8. Act as a technical resource and assist in staff training as requested.
9. Work with Director of Underwriting and others to develop departmental tools and process improvements to improve the reliability of data and the predictability of outcomes.
10. Assist with additional needs as required and take on special projects, as directed.