Subway Development of Tampa Bay, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Compensation Manager
at Subway Development of Tampa Bay, inc.
Hungry for a fresh, new career? Look no further because one of the world’s most iconic brands can help you get there. The Franchisor of Subway Restaurants, with 5 headquarters around the world, is adding to its talent pool. Join thousands of others in a corporate culture that promotes work-life balance and great career opportunities.
Providing an exceptional customer experience is a cornerstone of the Subway brand values. The Manager, Global Compensation will support the Director, Global Compensation, HRIS, and Payroll in designing competitive and cost effective total compensation programs, practices and solutions that support the company’s overall business strategy. Respond to employee and managerial inquiries and provide appropriate counsel and guidance on all compensation-related matters. Provide project management leadership for a variety of projects related to international compensation programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide full range compensation expertise to advise, consult and assist local HR Managers, Talent Acquisition team, and internal clients to address issues relating to compensation administration, policy interpretation, job design, etc. Develop and provide Local HR and Management the appropriate tools to effectively and efficiently make compensation decisions.
- Perform market pricing, job evaluation, and any related data analysis. Monitor global market conditions and trends, and recommend enhancements/changes to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness as well as the successful recruitment, engagement, and retention of key personnel. Work with Compensation Analyst to participate in all relevant country-specific surveys.
- Develop salary grades and international ranges and review comprehensive market data on an annual basis to determine if structures are externally competitive. Recommend movement in structures, if necessary, including costing and incumbent analyses.
- Provide support to local HR Management and Talent Acquisition and provide approval on new hire compensation and any and all off-cycle increases (promotions, market adjustments, etc.).
- Support the Director, Global Compensation, HRIS, and Payroll in managing and executing the annual Salary Planning Process for international workforce (including system design, technical implementation, and system preparation/testing to ensure quality and accuracy of data).
- Partner with HRIS Manager and Payroll Manager to develop or update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and rollout to HR community to ensure consistent administration/management of compensation programs/policies.
- Contribute to the development of compensation related communication to increase employee engagement and understanding of programs. Develop and present compensation training on various compensation issues as appropriate.
- Manage all regulatory requirements, compliance/controls, and audits.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required
- 7 to 10 years overall compensation experience with a minimum of 5 years working on international compensation.
- Strong business and technical acumen. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency using Excel to organize, manipulate, and analyze highly-visible and confidential data in order to recommend solutions to a variety of issues.
- Well developed and professional communication skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization (written and oral) with demonstrated ability to build trust and advise/consult local HR and management on compensation related topics.
- Solid knowledge of international (regional, country, and local) compensation laws, regulations, and practices with a clear understanding of the impact of changes on compensation programs.
- Demonstrated experience managing a global compensation function, with a focus on creating structure and process to maximize organization's effectiveness.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a strong client/customer service focus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, multitask, and handle competing demands and deadlines. Must have a keen sense of urgency and the ability to drive results.
OUR WORK PERKS:
While we offer a competitive salary for the position, we also have additional perks you might enjoy, such as:
- Free breakfast & lunch – Subway of course!
- A gorgeous campus surrounded by walking trails and a relaxing lake – perfect for a mid-day break
- After work yoga – good for the body and mind
- Tuition reimbursement – for those who wish to further their education