Subway Development of Tampa Bay, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Restaurant Food Safety Manager
at Subway Development of Tampa Bay, inc.
Hungry for a fresh, new career? Look no further because one of the world’s most iconic brands can help you get there.
The Restaurant Food Safety Manager is responsible for the development and execution of Subway's restaurant food safety initiatives to ensure compliance with internal operational requirements and all local and federal food codes and laws.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead assessment to determine optimal approach for restaurant food safety compliance and data management and collaborate with various internal stakeholders (Operations, Legal, Quality, Field Performance) to develop execution plan.
- Design and execute pilot trials and field rollout of 3rd party restaurant food safety audit program in North America.
- Manage vendor relationships with 3rd party auditing companies and other restaurant food safety providers.
- Provide guidance and comprehensive food safety trainings for field operations and internal/external customers.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement to ensure all Subway procedures are appropriately developed and restaurants are operating within local and federal health codes and/or regulations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Food Safety, Environmental Health or other related field, required.
- 5-7 years of overall experience.
- Project Management training or certification preferred.
- Must have a strong knowledge of restaurant food safety management and quality assurance practices, as well as an understanding of regulatory requirements for North America (e.g State, Local, Federa, USDA/FSIS, FDA, Food Code, CFIA, SFCA, etc.).
- Must have a broad understanding of HACCP, GMPs, auditing processes and program management, and project management skills.
- Must have exceptional communication, writing, presentation, and training skills for audiences from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Must have strong organizational agility, ability to handle conflict within all levels of the Subway organization, and experience developing working relationships with industry and regulatory officials.