Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Account Management Strategy Growth (L11)
The AVP, Account Management Strategy role is responsible for driving analytic insights on credit line increase strategies for Retail Card, Payment Solutions and CareCredit platforms. Works closely cross functionally to identify, understand and design innovative account management strategies to drive the success of the business.
- Develop, execute, monitor, and drive process improvement of credit line increase strategies
- Drive advanced analytics within growth strategies
- Drive business growth through CLI strategy enhancements on strategic SYF portfolio segments. This role will begin to focus on adapting the core strategies to better serve the strategic SYF portfolio segments i.e. Co-brand, Oil/Gas clients or enhancing the core strategy by using client data share
- Partner with modeling teams/vendors to drive advanced targeting strategies
- Ongoing strategy effectiveness monitoring
- Ad hoc analytics, validations, remediations
- Responsible for process controls, & maintaining regulatory review rhythm with Compliance, Legal & Fair Lending Teams.
- Supports related exams, audits and business continuity planning.
- Build for the future by understanding industry, economic and business needs.
- Analyze and explore datasets in order to find opportunities for credit innovation through data analytics
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience building analytically derived strategies within Credit, Marketing, Risk or Collections in Financial services, or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, 7+ years of experience building analytically derived strategies in Marketing, Risk or Collections in Financial services.
- 3+ years of experience working with statistical tools such as SAS, Model Builder Decision Tree, Knowledge Seeker or others.
- Natural curiosity and passion to drive change in consumer banking for the better.
- Advanced programming with SAS, R or Python
- Experience analyzing large data sets to derive strategic, segments, actionable credit insights
- Experience using multiple Credit Decision Systems (e.g. Credit Bureaus) to make consumer credit strategy decision.
- Experience developing Consumer / Commercial Credit Risk Strategies.
- Ability to conduct advanced data analysis and complex designs algorithm
- Experience using advanced modeling & data mining techniques (e.g. Machine learning, Big Data) to develop/ optimize Credit strategies
- Strong communication / relationship management / influencing skills / presentation skills and the ability to interact with and present to SYF senior leaders
- Leadership experience operating at a strategic level as part of a cross functional team
- Master’s Degree or MBA with advanced analytic focus, or equivalent advanced degree
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.