Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
at Triumph Group
- Requisition Number
- # of Positions Remaining
- Position Type
- Full time
- Experience (Years)
- Manufacturing/Production/Operations - All
- Security Clearance Required?
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph Group is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Based in West Hartford, CT, Triumph Electronics & Controls employs approximately 500 personnel. The Company’s key products and services include specializing in the design, development, certification, manufacture and repair of fuel pumps, fuel metering units, fuel controls and electronic engine control systems for helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft servicing military, commercial, regional and business jet market segments.
Triumph is currently seeking applicants for a 2nd shift Machinist position. Our CNC Machinists produce production parts by operating specialized manufacturing machines with minimal supervision.
This is a bargaining unit position (UAW), with an excellent wage and benefits package. Working hours are 3:30 p.m. to midnight and candidates should be open to working overtime.
We seek individuals with significant experience in grinding and assembly. Candidates will set-up and perform all operations relating to the manufacturing of components produced in multiple manufacturing cells. Responsible for assuring productivity levels are optimized. Customary functions of the position include:
- Operating manufacturing machines, such as a CNC lathe, mill drill, grinding machine, CNC mill machines and deburring. Also required are honing and lapping, manual OD, experience with riveting and bearing swaging/flaring.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions when possible and alerting the appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Regulating machining by utilizing machine instrumentation knowledge, including setting and adjusting controls.
- Meeting production deadlines by following manufacturing schedules and procedures.
- Using blueprints or design sketches to ensure proper dimensions and tolerance levels for the finished product.
- High School Diploma or a minimum of 5 years of directly related machining experience.
- Additional technical school certifications a plus.
- 2 to 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- General run of machine shop operations, floor assembly and usual shop maintenance.
- Grinding skills and knowledge of grinding preferred.
- Ability to interact with a diversity of people and diverse levels of personnel and work well in a team.
All Positions at Triumph Engine Control Systems require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US Citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents (*green card holders*) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.