Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Procurement Manager - Logistics
The LogisticsProcurement Manager is responsible for the development and execution of NorthAmerica’s transportation commercial strategy. This position will work closely with Supply Chain to create sourcingstrategies that align to the overall business needs. This position will be responsible for leadingall transportation sourcing activities, contract negotiations, and year overyear cost reduction initiatives. This isa leadership position with responsibility for the delivery and professionaldevelopment of 4 direct reports.
- Support the Logistics Procurement Group for North America with aportfolio of 90 suppliers and more than $500MM spend by contributing to theprocurement activities
- Leadership in the sourcing and bid process, carrier selection,negotiation of rates and conditions, awards and contract management
- Supplier relationship & performance management
- Develop improvement projects to delivery savings, cash, costavoidance and service level improvements
- Leverage analytics to develop baseline analysis, and understandingof the current cost, rates and total spend
- Professional development for direct reporting team
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the preferred followingareas: Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering. An advanced degree wouldbe beneficial to success in the role, but is not required
- At least 6 years of work experience in Logistics and Procurement
- Strong negotiation skills tocritically evaluate, develop, and deliver results in a complex portfolio
- Strategic procurement knowledgeincluding influencing, crafting and conducting negotiation strategies
- Experience developing commercial strategies in dedicated, one-way,LTL, Dry van, Temp Controlled and Bulk transportation
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | GlobalReach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusionto drive our business results and create a better future every day for ourdiverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe adiverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusionacross the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerMinorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discriminationunder Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests,which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMVcheck.