Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Webster Bank
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Auditor position will plan and execute individual internal audits and external audit direct assistance projects under the direction of the Audit Manager, with guidance from Supervisors and/or Senior Auditors across the Bank Operations line of business within Webster Bank. Areas of focus include Bank Operations, Fraud and Loss Management, Loan Operations, Physical Security and Corporate Real Estate, with periodic rotations to other internal audit teams. The Auditor will perform testing of internal controls, compliance with established policies and procedures, and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
- Assist in the development of audit programs that address key risks and test key controls.
- Perform audit procedures to evaluate operational, financial, and information technology controls and summarize results, including conducting process walkthroughs, testing key control design and operating effectiveness, and performing follow-up reviews.
- Prepare clear and well organized audit work papers, including documenting process flows and narratives that identify risks and controls, documenting audit observations as a result of control weaknesses, missing controls, and process improvements, and presenting results to management.
- Perform special projects, as needed.
- Continuously improve technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with line of business contacts and external auditors.
- Contribute to the department's strategic initiatives.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, and Business Administration or equivalent.
- Two or more years of audit or relevant business experience with a focus on business process operations.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of internal audit practices, and financial and operational process documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate internal controls, analyze and solve complex problems, conduct research, and express ideas clearly, concisely and persuasively both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suites (Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint) and IDEA (or equivalent data analytics tools).
- CIA, CISA, CFE, and/or CPA preferred, but not required.