Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Digital Marketing Manager
at Webster Bank
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Are you creative and strategic, with a passion for Digital Marketing & Communications? If so, Webster is looking for someone like you to join our Digital Banking, Marketing, and Experience team. Our team looks to enrich customer & prospect banking experience with relevant, authentic, and personal communications through their elected digital channel of choice. In this role, you will consider customer lifecycle & journeys and develop/optimize engaging experiences through email, inbox, push notification, and SMS channels.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the strategy, design and implementation of Webster Bank's Digital Communication channels, which will drive new account growth and deepen existing customer relationships throughout the entire customer lifecycle. As Webster continues to focus on marketing as a way to grow and strengthen relationships, support customers and drive business results, creative and solution-oriented thinking is not only encouraged, but expected.
In this role, you will serve as Webster's voice to the customer. You will have ownership over the language used to speak to our consumers and manage the process of delivering content directly to customers. To be successful, you will need to work closely with our internal partners to strategize and execute a communication plan on an ongoing basis.
On a daily basis, you will spend a good portion of your time:
- Analyzing the customer journey, seeking ways to utilize digital communications to connect and engage with customers at the right time, with the right content, and in their channels of choice
- Thinking of ways to drive engagement with digital communications - how do we get customers to open, click, and take action when receiving a communication
- Identifying new ways to further personalize communications
- Considering innovative and engaging content design and language for communications to be delivered via the various Digital Communication channels
- Scheduling communications based on key events and activities in the customer lifecycle
- Identifying testing opportunities and creating/executing test plans to continuously improve and optimize results
- Developing, testing, and deploying channel content
- Measuring and analyzing campaign results both in-channel and downstream
- Managing messaging stream, cadence & strategy across all Digital Communication channels
- Partnering with creative teams to define creative needs (e.g. write creative briefs, partner to develop effective and efficient creative templates, execute creative development processes, etc.)
- Meeting with segment leaders from across the bank to understand/plan their communication needs
- Ensure campaign objectives align to business priorities across marketing channels and deliver on financial goals
Metrics that you will be responsible for include...
- Engagement: Communication open, click, overall pull through, etc.
- Multivariate testing: Analyzing test results to determine ideal language, design, imagery, etc.
- Content error rate: Errors within content (broken links, misspellings, etc.)
- Percentage of unsubscribed customers
- Downstream campaign effectiveness (applications received, ROI, etc.)
You Are Definitely Good At...
- Analyzing and understanding customer journeys within the overall lifecycle
- Identifying key communication moments and opportunities -- and using digital communications to engage, inform, and motivate customers at these moments
- Leveraging marketing automation tools to bring these moments to life
- Uncovering trends, fresh ideas, and best practices in digital communications for a continued test and learn approach
- Understanding digital communication's role within the entire customer lifecycle -- and its intersections with other marketing technologies
- Paying attention to all details and taking pride in your work
- Organizing priorities and able to manage multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
- Self-starting with the ability to make sound business decisions -- you are ambitious
- Working in a team-oriented environment -- able to work across various lines of business and with external partners while maintaining a "get it done" approach/attitude
- Communicating ideas to stakeholders and leadership -- strong written and presentation skills
- Thinking critically and innovatively -- willing to consider novel approaches to solving difficult problems
- Being passionate and always striving for excellence
You May Be Good At...
- Using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or equivalent system)
- Working in the Financial Services and/or other regulated industries
- Understanding customer segments and how to communicate to each audience in a unique and personal way
- Development of a test plan, A/B testing, and presentation of results
- Creative writing & copywriting
- Digital & graphic design