Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Care Center Manager
at Webster Bank
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Sales and Service Manager - Customer Care Center
Reports to: VP, C3 Sales and Service Director
***This is a Call Center environment. All applicants must have a flexible schedule to support varied shifts.***
BASIC FUNCTION :
Join our award-winning Customer Care Center (C3) team! Help us deliver on our core performance pillars: exceptional customer service, efficiency, revenue generation, risk mitigation, and teamwork. This is an opportunity to be a part of our fun, fast-paced, innovative environment commonly known as the nerve center for Webster. We're seeking a Sales and Service Manager within the Customer Care Center who will be responsible for leading 12-18 Sales and Service Bankers to deliver upon our business objectives. Please note that that anyone interested in this position must be willing to work a flexible work schedule, including some nights, weekends and holidays.
- Observe, evaluate, coach and performance manage a team in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop a positive and supportive environment to enable team to maximize their sales and service contributions.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Webster's mission, goals, strategies and the roles of key business partners.
- Build strong relationships through ownership of problem solving and follow through.
- Ensure excellence in customer service and maintain service quality standards.
- Responsible for overall communication with the team to ensure that clear and consistent information is relayed to staff on a timely basis.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws as well as Webster Bank policies and procedures.
- Establish development goals and plans for self and staff by utilizing Personal Development Plans.
- Model and drive team sales behavior consistent with the Webster Sales Process
- Effectively hold team accountable to achievement of their sales and service goals.
- Reward and recognize performance of staff utilizing established programs and sources.
- Conduct performance appraisals
- Ensure an effective recruiting and interview selection process by utilizing available Webster tools and training.
- Develop and coordinate team meetings consistent with Webster's sales and service process.
- Make continuous work process improvements.
- Contribute to ongoing projects/initiatives.
- Documentation of coaching discussions and actions.
- Ensure 100% completion of compliance training individually and by entire team.
- Ensure the prevention of fraudulent activities through adherence to bank policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional workspace and workflow.
- Encourage active team involvement in community events.
- Other duties as required.
BS preferred -- Business Management or equivalent experience
3 -- 5 years of leadership experience
5-10 years of related experience -- Banking, customer service, sales, or a related field
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong leadership ability.
- Customer service, knowledge of sales and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated success in coaching and motivating.
- Foundational knowledge of Retail Banking products and services.
- Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of computer and processing skills (E-Mail, Intranet, Internet, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Comfortable with emerging technology.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions.
- Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.