Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deposit Operations Coordinator
at Webster Bank
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Sustain back office support functions associated with servicing deposit accounts as well as interaction with third party vendors providing deposit account services. Areas of specialization include ATM/debit card, ACH, lockbox, cash management, exceptions and returns, item processing, wire transfer, and account reconciliation.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform mid-level clerical tasks in support of a specific unit of Operations, including ATM/debit card, ACH, lockbox, cash management, exceptions and returns, item processing, wire transfer, and account reconciliation.
- Interact with Bank personnel via telephone and e-mail to answer questions
- Process data entry to fulfill orders for new and replacement debit cards
- Process and maintain daily work levels to support department
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws as well as Webster Bank policies and procedures
- Support escalated branch card maintenance requests
- Research transaction issues
- Identify exceptions and rejects via internal and external reports
- All other duties assigned by management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS
- Proficient keyboard skills necessary
- Superior customer service skills required
- Ability to research and solve problems
- High school diploma / GED required
- 1+ years' experience with Excel / Word required. OneTouch experience is preferred
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks at the same time
This position has unconventional / rotational hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. -- 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: Alternating schedule in department rotation to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: Alternating schedule in department rotation from 9:00 a.m. -- 2:00 p.m.
- The workweek will not exceed 40 hours, with day off on Monday to offset Thursday / Friday / Saturday extended hours.