Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fraud and Loss Management Analyst
at Webster Bank
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Responsible for analyzing bank transactions, new accounts, and customer behavior to identify anomalous activity and potential risk to the customer and the bank. The position will need to document their findings and take appropriate action to prevent losses to our customers and the bank.
II. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors transactions across multiple delivery channels to identify trends and patterns of fraudulent activity and takes appropriate action.
- Reviews output of daily account warning reports using automated scoring system; researches fraudulent information or discrepancies.
- Mitigates identified potential fraud loss by: placing holds/restricting access; preparing STMs; performing necessary due diligence.
- Recommends closure of accounts deemed risky or suspicious; performs account maintenance as necessary.
- Maintains accurate records to ensure accurate reporting and adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Based upon research and findings, makes recommendations to management for updates to fraud prevention strategies.
- Provides internal support to retail personnel on all issues concerning fraud and suspicious activity.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- BS preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 2 + years of experience in retail operations, branch supervision, compliance, audit, investigation, law enforcement or related field.
- Working knowledge of banking laws and regulations.
- Strong analytic and computer skills -- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to work independently in high volume environment with attention to detail.