Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Database Administrator
at Webster Bank
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Lead Database Administrator:
Responsible for the requirements, development, testing, and implementation of database solutions.
They demonstrate experience in multiple database platforms and work cross-functionally to maximize best practices and reuse. Exhibit strong knowledge of business processes and integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements. Leads a team of technical Database experts and DBAs to develop ingestion and data strategies. Ability to learn new technologies and take on hands-on development work based on business priorities. Responsible for design and development of complex data solutions with experience in multiple database concepts and tools. Knowledge of data warehousing principles and processes including data modeling, logical and physical database design, transformation and loading. Designs, profiles, develops, and tests data engineering solutions using multiple ETL /MDM tools that move data from disparate source/target systems and the enterprise information repositories. Demonstrate proficiency with data modeling concepts and tools to model and implement data access layers for reporting, data discovery, metadata management, and data services. Maintains data architectural artifacts and ensures that all measures for data quality, data profiling, data governance, ITIL, security and compliance of data are adhered to. Perform variety of in-depth data analysis, data modeling, and data design tasks on complicated datasets with potentially complex data integration scenarios. Provide Operational support for the data warehousing applications, including quarantine maintenance, troubleshooting, monitoring and resolving bugs and production issues in a timely manner. Proficient in SQL and ETL processes, ETL and DB performance tuning, table partitioning, shell scripting. Works with Product Owners, and Business SME to identify requirements and drive ingestions standards consistent with business processes. Exhibit strong knowledge of business processes and integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements. Ability to learn new technologies and take on hands-on development work based on business priorities.
- Patching and cloning of Oracle and/or SQL
- Installation of Oracle and SQL Server
- Contribute in defining and developing documentation while operationalizing standard procedures
- Database and/or EBS performance tuning
- On-premise and off-premise database experience
- Develop database utilities and automated reporting
- Create shell scripts for task automation
- Create, test and execute data management languages
- Analyze and sustain capacity planning requirements
- Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
- Monitor systems and platforms for availability
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
- Restore and recover corrupted databases
- Install and test upgrades and patches
- Implement security and encryption
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
- AWS and Azure Database migration experience and/or exposure
- 5 + solid years of Database and Application administration experience.
- Experience in upgrades and platform migration
- Experience in patching, upgrading and cloning Oracle Database
- 5 + years of relevant experience in 24x7, mission-critical settings
- Successful track record in the hands-on support, monitoring, deploying, security, monitoring, performance and troubleshooting SQL Server and Oracle Databases
- Ability to plan, communicate, perform and verify production changes
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of database security, enterprise backup and restore, and replication strategies
- Strong sense of ownership in providing extremely secure, highly-available, fault-tolerant enterprise systems
- Expert at SQL database logical and physical design, administration, performance tuning, clustering, and replication
- Deep knowledge and experience with UNIX and Windows scripting languages (Bash, Korn, Perl, Python, PHP)
- Experience and understanding Cloud and hybrid database solutions (AWS and/or Azure)
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), online payments, software or product-centric business a plus